University Officer Titles
PDF Version: BOT University Officer Titles Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy defines the position titles designated as "Officer of the University."
- Scope: This policy applies to University officers and exempt employees.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Operations Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Human Resources Officer
- Responsible Office: Human Resources Office
- Policy Contact: Chief Human Resources Officer, 303-615-0999
III. Policy Statement
For the purpose of exempting some of the professional staff members of the University from the State Personnel System, pursuant to Article XII, Section 13 (2) of the State Constitution, and C.R.S. § 24-50-135(a), the following position titles at the University are designated as “Officer of the University.” It is the intention of this policy to allow a position to have a “working title” that is different than its official title.
- Vice President
- Associate Vice President
- Assistant Vice President
- Associate Dean
- Assistant Dean
- Business Manager
- Executive Director
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 4.14 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.