Transfer of Earned Credits
PDF Version: BOT Transfer Credit Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: C.R.S. 23-1-108 (7) (a) requires the Colorado Commission on Higher Education (CCHE) to establish and enforce statewide degree transfer agreements between two-year and four-year state institutions of higher education and among four-year state institutions of higher education. This policy states the University's adherence to CCHE’s Statewide Transfer Policy when awarding transfer credit to students at the University.
- Scope: This policy applies to transfer students and credits.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Academic Officer
- Responsible Office: Office of the Chief Academic Officer
- Policy Contact: Chief Academic Officer, 303-615-1900
III. Policy Statement
The University adheres to the “Statewide Transfer Policy” adopted by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education when awarding academic credit transferred from other state institutions of higher education in Colorado.
IV. Related Information
- C.R.S. § 23-1-108 (7) (a) Duties and Powers of the Commission regarding systemwide planning
- C.R.S. § 23-1-108.5 Duties and Powers of the Commission regarding the Common Course Numbering System
- C.R.S. § 23-1-113 Admission Standards for baccalaureate and graduate institutions
- C.R.S. § 23-1-125 Student Bill of Rights
- C.R.S. § 23-1-131 Associate degree completion “Reverse Transfer”
- C.R.S. § 23-5-118. Selective service registration
- C.R.S. § 23-5-122. Intrainstitutional and intrasystem transfers
- C.R.S. § 23-5-145. Credit for military education and training–policy
- C.R.S. § 23-60-202 Duties of board with respect to state system
- C.R.S. § 23-60-211 Degrees
V. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 5.8 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.