Business and Finance
PDF Version: BOT Surplus Property Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy authorizes the University to process surplus property and delegates authority to the Chief Financial Officer to oversee the process.
- Scope: This policy applies to employees and administrative units who process surplus property.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Financial Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Controller
- Responsible Office: Accounting Services Office
- Policy Contact: Controller, 303-615-0039
III. Policy Statement
The University is authorized to process surplus property. The Chief Financial Officer is to delegate the authority to designate authorized representatives to obligate University funds and to obtain the transfer of property.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 4.10 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.