Student Conduct, Disciplinary Action, and Student Due Process
PDF Version: BOT Student Conduct Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy requires the President (or the President's delegate) to develop standards for student conduct, disciplinary action, and due process.
- Scope: This policy applies to students.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Student Affairs Officer
- Responsible Office: Office of the Chief Student Affairs Officer
- Policy Contact: Chief Student Affairs Officer, 303-605-5863
The President shall develop policies and/or procedures establishing standards for student conduct, sanctions for violations of such standards, and procedures for administering sanctions. The President may delegate the development and approval of such policies and procedures to the Vice President for Student Affairs or any other delegate the President may so choose. Meetings and hearings conducted pursuant to those procedures shall not be considered meetings of the Board, or any committee thereof, and shall not be open to the public unless all participants agree otherwise.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: July 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 6.1 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.