Standard Personnel Recommendation and Information Forms
PDF Version: BOT Standard Personnel Form Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy requires the President to submit certain personnel recommendations and information to the Trustees using standard forms.
- Scope: This policy applies to employees.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Operations Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Human Resources Officer
- Responsible Office: Human Resources Office
- Policy Contact: Chief Human Resources Officer, 303-615-0060
III. Policy Statement
Personnel action recommendations and information will be submitted by the President on standardized forms approved by the President. The recommendations and information to be submitted include but are not limited to:
- Initial appointments of non-temporary faculty and administrators
- Awards of tenure
- Conferral of emeritus status
- Awards of honorary degrees
- Sabbatical leaves
- Appointments of temporary faculty and administrators
- Faculty promotions
- Leaves without pay
- Administrative leaves longer than 10 days
- Nonrenewal of probationary faculty members
- Termination of administrators
- Denial of early tenure applications/offers of sixth-year terminal contracts
- Transitional retirements
- Final sabbatical leave reports
In order to assist the Trustees to better understand why employees are resigning and identify employment patters, a “reason for resignation” statement will be requested of full-time employees who are resigning. Other actions which require Board approval will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 3.3 of the MSCD Trustees Policy Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.