University Staff Government
PDF Version: BOT University Staff Government Policy
- Authority: Colorado Revised Statutes (C.R.S.) § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (“MSU Denver” or “University”) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The MSU Denver Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The MSU Denver Trustees authorize the MSU Denver President to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy authorizes the MSU Denver Staff Senate to serve as the University-wide representative body for communicating to the administration and Board of Trustees matters of concern to exempt professionals, classified staff, and student employees of the University.
- Scope: This policy applies to University staff.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Staff Senate President
- Responsible Office: Staff Senate
- Policy Contact: Staff Senate President
Staff councils exist and derive their power from the authority delegated to them by the Board of Trustees. The Metropolitan State University of Denver Staff Senate serves as the University-wide representative body for communicating to the administration and Board of Trustees matters of concern to exempt professionals, classified staff, and student employees of the University. The president of the MSU Denver Staff Senate is the spokesperson for University staff and classified staff when addressing the President and Board of Trustees on matters of concern to these employees. The Staff Senate may be organized into separate University staff, student staff and classified staff councils, or the three groups may form a combined staff council.
V. Policy History
- Effective: January 1, 2020
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University or Staff Senate leadership.
- Approved By: Board of Trustees