Reporting Requirements for Tax Exempt Debt
Business/Finance and Facilities
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2002) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs.
- Purpose: This policy requires the Trustees to approve tax-exempt debt incurred by the University prior to issuance.
- Scope: This policy applies to Administrative Units.
- Responsible Executive: President
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Financial Officer
- Responsible Office: Office of the Chief Financial Officer
- Policy Contact: Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Any tax-exempt debt, including bank qualified debt, incurred by the University must be approved by the Board prior to the issuance of the debt instrument (e.g., bonds, lease purchase agreements, etc.).
- Effective: November 9, 2007
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Source: MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007, Section 4.16