Reporting Requirements for Tax Exempt Debt
Business/Finance and Facilities
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy requires the Trustees to approve tax-exempt debt incurred by the University prior to issuance.
- Scope: This policy applies to Administrative Units.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Financial Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Financial Officer
- Responsible Office: Budget Office
- Policy Contact: Chief Financial Officer
III. Policy Statement
Any tax-exempt debt, including bank qualified debt, incurred by the University must be approved by the Board prior to the issuance of the debt instrument (e.g., bonds, lease purchase agreements, etc.).
IV. Policy History
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 4.16 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.
- Approved By: Board of Trustees