Recognition and Funding of Student Groups
PDF Version: BOT Student Organizations Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy states the rights of students to organize in groups and to seek funding to promote student organizations.
- Scope: This policy applies to students and student organizations.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Student Affairs Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Dean of Students
- Responsible Office: Dean of Students Office
- Policy Contact: Dean of Students, 303-615-0220
Student groups have the right to petition for official organizational status if the policy and procedures of the University governing recognition of student organizations are followed throughout the petitioning process. Furthermore, officially recognized student organizations have the right to petition for student organization event funding from the Student Affairs Board, provided the policies and procedures of the University governing funding for student organizations are followed throughout the petitioning process.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 6.4 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.