PDF Version: Priority Registration Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The MSU Denver Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The MSU Denver Trustees authorize the MSU Denver President to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy lists the order in which students may register for courses based on class standing and other categories.
- Scope: This policy applies to MSU Denver undergraduate students.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Student Affairs Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Registrar
- Responsible Office: Registrar's Office
- Policy Contact: Registrar's Office, 303-556-3991
III. Policy Statement
Priority registration is designed to enhance the University’s ability to help students achieve graduation status. The priority registration system allows students who have earned a certain amount of credits to register prior to other students who are further from graduation. Only passing grades and transfer credit are included in this calculation.
Priority registration also accommodates students with special circumstances that impact their ability to access the classes they need to maintain satisfactory progress toward the completion of their degree.
- Graduate students, NCAA, students with disabilities requiring accommodations approved with the Access Center, honors students, and Veteran students who received VA benefits or Tuition Assistance the previous semester.
- Non-degree-seeking students
- Newly admitted students
IV. Policy History
- Effective: July 1, 2019
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every three years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.
- Approved By: President