Academics and Research
PDF Version: AA Jury Duty Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver, who subsequently authorizes the Provost, to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to the academic functions of the University.
- Purpose: This policy allows students to make up assignments and class work missed due to jury duty.
- Scope: This policy applies to MSU Denver students.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Academic Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Associate Vice President for Curriculum and Academic Effectiveness
- Responsible Office: Academic Affairs Office
- Policy Contact: Associate Vice President for Curriculum and Academic Effectiveness, 303-615-1900
The University will not impede a student called to jury duty. If a student’s jury duty conflicts with an MSU Denver class, lab or exam, faculty must cooperate with the student to reschedule the missed course obligations. Jury duty takes precedence over class attendance policies. The student has the responsibility to provide verification of attendance at jury duty to the faculty member.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Provost
- Effective: July 1, 2019
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every three years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.