Insurance Plan for Life, Health and Long-term Disability
PDF Version: BOT Life, Health and Disability Insurance Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy allows the University to offer life, health, and long-term disability insurance to employees.
- Scope: This policy applies to University employees.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Operations Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Human Resources Officer
- Responsible Office: Human Resources Office
- Policy Contact: Chief Human Resources Officer, 303-615-0999
The University may provide life, health, dental and long-term disability insurance to its employees. Such insurance shall be obtained and administered in accordance with procedures authorized by the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 4.7 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.