Evaluation of the University President
PDF Version: BOT Evaluation of the University President
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy requires the Board to evaluate the University President's performance annually.
- Scope: This policy applies to the University President.
- Responsible Executive: Chair, Board of Trustees
- Responsible Administrator: President
- Responsible Office: President's Office
- Policy Contact: President's Office, 303-615-0060
Presidential evaluations seek to assess the overall performance of the President in light of Board goals and priorities and to identify areas of strength, and areas in which improvement is appropriate in order to assist the President in improving his or her effectiveness. The Board will review the President’s performance at least annually, using whatever process and criteria the Board deems appropriate.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 7.2 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.