PDF Version: BOT Employment Contracts Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy requires the contracts of certain faculty to be uniform.
- Scope: This policy applies to faculty.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Operations Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Human Resources Officer
- Responsible Office: Human Resources Office
- Policy Contact: Chief Human Resources Officer, 303-615-0999
Employment contracts shall be uniform for faculty members at the University, except for part-time or temporary contracts.
Contracts shall state: (1) conditions of employment; (2) salary to be paid; (3) duration of the contract; and (4) the fact that the faculty member and the Trustees are subject to the policies set forth in the Faculty Handbook, as amended from time to time.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 3.2 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.