PDF Version: Emergency Withdrawal Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees have authorized the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy outlines a student's responsibilities when withdrawing from the University due to emergency or unforeseen circumstances.
- Scope: This policy applies to MSU Denver students.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Student Affairs Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Registrar
- Responsible Office: Registrar's Office
- Policy Contact: Registrar's Office, 303-556-3991
Students who must withdraw during a semester due to unforeseen or extenuating circumstances, including state or national emergency, should contact the Office of the Registrar. The Office of the Registrar will make the final determination for administrative withdrawal on a case-by-case basis according to the administrative withdrawal policy. Students who request an administrative withdrawal may also request a tuition refund by filing a Tuition and Fees Appeal through the Office of the Bursar.
- MSU Denver Grades and Notations (Administrative Withdrawal) Policy
- Registrar's Office webpage, msudenver.edu/registrar
- Tuition and Fees Appeal Information
V. Policy History
- Effective: July 1, 2019
- Revised: 2013; 2012
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every three years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.
- Approved By: President