Email, Computing and Records Management
Business and Finance
PDF Version: BOT Email, Computing and Records Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy requires the University to retain, archive, and destroy public records in compliance with the Colorado Open Records Act, C.R.S. §§ 24-72-201, et seq.
- Scope: This policy applies to the University President and employees.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Operations Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Operations Officer
- Responsible Office: Office of the Chief Operations Officer
- Policy Contact: Chief Operations Officer, 303-605-5306
III. Policy Statement
The President shall develop policies pertaining to electronic mail and other electronic communications; use of University computers, including internet and intranet use; and the retention, archiving, and destruction of records kept only in digital or miniaturized form. Such policies shall comply with the Colorado Public Records Act, C.R.S. §§ 24-72-201, et seq.
- Colorado Open Records Act (CORA)
- Colorado Protections for Consumer Data Privacy Act
- MSU Denver Acceptable Use of Computing Resources Policy
- MSU Denver Email and Electronic Communications Security Policy
- MSU Denver Privacy of Student Records Policy
- MSU Denver Records Management Policy
- MSU Denver Social Media Use Policy
- U.S. Family Education and Privacy Act
- U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 3.9 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.