Designation of Responsibility in the Absence of the University President
PDF Version: BOT Absence of the University President Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy requires the University President to designate a responsible individual and to notify the Board and the University community when absent from the University.
- Scope: This policy applies to the University President.
- Responsible Executive: Chair, Board of Trustees
- Responsible Administrator: President
- Responsible Office: President's Office
- Policy Contact: President's Office, 303-615-0060
III. Policy Statement
The President shall formally designate a specific person who will regularly be the responsible professional when the President is not available. The name of the individual so designated shall be made known to the Board of Trustees and the University community.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 7.5 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.