Defined Contribution Pension Plan
PDF Version: BOT Pension Plan Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy authorizes the University to offer benefits-eligible employees a defined contribution pension plan in accordance with C.R.S. §§ 24- 54.5-101, et seq.
- Scope: This policy applies to benefits-eligible University employees.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Operations Officer
- Responsible Administrators: Chief Human Resources Officer
- Responsible Offices: Human Resources
- Policy Contacts: Chief Human Resources Officer, 303-615-0999
III. Policy Statement
The University may offer to its benefits-eligible employees a Defined Contribution Pension Plan in accordance with C.R.S. §§ 24-54.5-101, et seq.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 4.13 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.