PDF Version: BOT Cooperative Programs Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy describes the process for approval of cooperative education programs.
- Scope: This policy applies to cooperative education programs and units.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Academic Officer
- Responsible Office: Office of the Chief Academic Officer
- Policy Contact: Chief Academic Officer, 303-615-1900
The Colorado Commission on Higher Education has statutory authority for the approval of new programs for all public colleges; therefore, if circumstances appear to justify independent, degree-granting status for a cooperative program, the normal new program approval policy of the CCHE will be followed. Further, the CCHE has statutory authority to discontinue programs; therefore, if circumstances appear to justify discontinuance of a cooperative program arrangement, the CCHE will act using its discontinuance policy as a guide.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 5.6 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.