Communication between the University and External State Agencies
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy identifies the President as the primary University officer responsible for communicating with the legislature, the Colorado Commission on Higher Education, and other external state agencies.
- Scope: This policy applies to University employees.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible Office: Office of the Chief Executive Officer
- Policy Contact: Chief Executive Officer, 303-615-0060
It is Board policy that the President be responsible for communicating with the legislature, the Colorado Commission on Higher Education, and other state agencies on a regular basis. Other University officers, specifically the Provost and the Chief Financial Officer, may, if contacted about a matter within the scope of their responsibilities, communicate directly with such entities. Unless specifically requested to do so, other University employees are not to provide official information directly to external state agencies. When responding to a specific request for information from such an agency, the President and other University officers are required to provide copies of the request and the response to the Board in a timely fashion.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 1.13 of the MSCD Trustee Policy Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.