Administration and Operations
PDF Version: Communicable Disease Policy
- Authority: Colorado Revised Statutes (C.R.S.) § 23-54-102, et seq. (2020) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (“MSU Denver” or “University”) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The MSU Denver Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The MSU Denver Trustees authorize the MSU Denver President to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy requires MSU Denver students and employees to comply with local, state, and federal rules and guidance on the prevention of spreading communicable diseases when on any of the University’s campuses or affiliated sites or when participating in any University sponsored activity.
- Scope: This policy applies to MSU Denver students and employees.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Operations Officer
- Responsible Administrators: Executive Director of the Health Center at Auraria and Emergency Preparedness Manager
- Responsible Office: Health Center and Emergency Preparedness Office
- Policy Contact: Chief of Staff to the Vice President for Administration
To promote the safety and wellbeing of the MSU Denver community and to prevent the spread of communicable diseases, all MSU Denver students and employees are required to comply with MSU Denver’s protocols, guidelines, and requirements related to the prevention and spread of communicable diseases. Such protocols, guidelines, and requirements shall be published on the University’s website and shall be based on relevant and applicable guidance and requirements issued by the United States Center for Disease Control, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Colorado Governor’s Executive Orders, and the Denver Health Department. Failure to comply with the protocols, guidelines, and requirements may result in disciplinary action under the Student Code of Conduct up to and including suspension or expulsion for students, and disciplinary action for employees up to and including termination.
- Effective: July 10, 2020
- Note: This policy is effective until it is rescinded by the President or the Trustees.
Approved by MSU Denver President Janine Davidson, Ph.D.