Changes in Registration
PDF Version: Changes in Registration Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees have authorized the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy includes the deadline when students may make adjustments, such as adding or dropping classes, to their course schedules without being charged tuition and fees for coursework.
- Scope: This policy applies to MSU Denver students.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Student Affairs Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Registrar
- Responsible Office: Registrar's Office
- Policy Contact: Registrar's Office, 303-556-3991
Enrolled students may adjust their schedules by dropping and/or adding classes. Students must add or drop classes before the drop deadline (census date). It is the student’s responsibility to follow proper drop or withdrawal procedures in the event that the student does not attend a class. Failure to attend class does not constitute an automatic drop or withdrawal. Students who do not officially drop their classes by the deadline will be assessed full tuition and fees.
Drop, refund and withdrawal deadlines are located on the Student Detail Schedule via the Student Hub.
Students who reduce their course load after the drop deadline and before the withdrawal deadline will receive a “W” notation for each course from which they have withdrawn. Refer to the withdrawal notation policy in the University catalog under Academic Policies and Procedures.
ALL STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL REGISTRATION TRANSACTIONS. Students are also responsible for following all drop and withdrawal deadlines.
- Grades and Notations Policy
- Tuition and Fee Appeal Procedures
V. Policy History
- Effective: July 1, 2019
- Revised: July 1, 2013; 2012; 2011; 2010; 2009
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every three years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.