PDF Version: HR Amorous Relationships Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver ("MSU Denver" or "University") to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy prohibits amorous romantic and/or sexual relationships between employees and those over whom they have authority or supervision.
- Scope: This policy applies to MSU Denver employees, students and invitees.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Operations Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Human Resources Officer
- Responsible Office: Human Resources Office
- Policy Contact: Chief Human Resources Officer, 303-615-0999
Members of the University community, whether faculty members or administrative staff, put academic and professional trust and ethics at risk when they engage in amorous romantic/sexual relationships with people whose academic and/or professional benefits and opportunities are, or appear to be, subject to their authority, supervision, or influence. Accordingly, the University prohibits such relationships, as well as any attempt to initiate or engage in such relationships. Any faculty member or administrator who engages in, or attempts to engage in, an amorous relationship with a student or subordinate shall report any such relationship or attempt to the EEO Officer.
IV. Policy History
- Effective: July 1, 2019
- Enacted: April 6, 2005
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every three years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.
- Approved by: President