Admission Requirements of the University
PDF Version: BOT Admission Requirements Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy authorizes the Board of Trustees to establish University admission standards within the scope of Colorado Commission on Higher Education (CCHE)-mandated admission requirements in accordance with C.R.S. § 23-1-113, which authorizes the CCHE to establish academic admissions standards for first-time and transfer students at all state-supported, baccalaureate and graduate institutions of higher education in the State of Colorado.
- Scope: This policy applies to University admission standards and requirements.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Admissions Officer
- Responsible Office: Admissions Office
- Policy Contact: Chief Admissions Officer, 303-556-3058
The Board has the responsibility and authority to establish University admission requirements, provided that such requirements do not include admission standards lower than those set by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education (CCHE) in accordance with C.R.S. § 23-1-113. The admission requirements may not be changed in any way without prior approval of the Board. Any changes in admission requirements approved by the Board involving admission standards may not be implemented by the University until approved by the CCHE. The President is assigned the responsibility for all communication with the CCHE. As the need arises, the President will monitor University admission practices to assure compliance with published admission requirements.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 5.7 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.