PDF Version: BOT Academic Planning Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy authorizes the President to develop policies for short- and long-term academic planning.
- Scope: This policy applies to the MSU Denver President.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Academic Officer
- Responsible Office: Office of the Chief Academic Officer
- Policy Contact: Chief Academic Officer, 303-615-1900
III. Policy Statement
The President shall develop policies, subject to Board approval, for short and long-term academic planning. Such policies shall conform to all requirements of statute and the Colorado Commission on Higher Education and shall be consistent with Board goals and priorities.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 5.2 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.