Academics and Research
PDF Version: AA Academic Integrity Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver, who subsequently authorizes the Provost, to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to the academic functions of the University.
- Purpose: This policy states MSU Denver's commitment to uphold ethical standards of conduct in learning and scholarship.
- Scope: This policy applies to students, faculty and staff.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Academic Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Academic Officer
- Responsible Office: Academic Affairs Office
- Policy Contact: Chief Academic Officer, 303-615-1900
As students, faculty, staff, and administrators of Metropolitan State University of Denver, it is our responsibility to uphold and maintain an academic environment that furthers scholarly inquiry, creative activity and the application of knowledge. We will not tolerate academic dishonesty. We will demonstrate honesty and integrity in all activities related to our learning and scholarship. We will not plagiarize, fabricate information or data, cheat on tests or exams, steal academic material, or submit work to more than one class without full disclosure.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Provost
- Effective: July 1, 2019
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every three years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.