PDF Version: BOT Academic Calendar Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy defines the semester as the standard length of an academic term at the University.
- Scope: This policy applies to all organizational units within the University.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Academic Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Academic Officer
- Responsible Office: Office of the Chief Academic Officer
- Policy Contact: Chief Academic Officer, 303-615-1900
The University will operate on a semester system during the academic year. The period and duration of summer terms are to be scheduled by the University to respond to the distinctive needs of the University and its students. The Board encourages innovative scheduling of mini-semester, short courses, and nontraditional programs that conform with state and federal rules and regulations.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 5.5 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.