One World One Water Center
OWOW Water Studies Certificate Information
The OWOW Center is excited to offer a Water Studies Certificate. The certificate is different from the minor in several ways:
- Degree seeking and non-degree seeking MSU Denver students may complete the certificate
- Earned course credits may simultaneously be applied to a major or minor and the certificate
- Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid through MSU Denver
Ideal Water Studies Certificate applicants have previously completed or are currently seeking at least a Bachelors degree, are interested in water resources, can maintain a 2.0 grade point averga at a minimum, and have an enthusiasm for learning and sharing.
Water Studies Certificate Requirements
Total Hours Required for the Water Studies Certificate: 15 Credits
-JRN 390T Covering the Environment (offered in Spring Semester), 3 credits
CAS 3200 Water Conflict: Applied Leadership Communication, 3 Credits
- MGT/ENV 3250 Colorado Water Law & Water Law Administration (offered in Spring Semester), 3 Credits
ENV 4410 Water Law (offered in Fall Semester), 3 Credits
- GEG 1910 Global Water Concerns (offered in both Fall and Spring Semesters), 3 Credits
ENV 3400 Water Resources (offered in both Fall and Spring Semester), 3 Credits
- Approved Electives, 6 credits
The following form is to apply for the Water Studies Certificate if the online application has closed. You can find the online application on the registrar's webpage.
The dates and deadlines to apply for the Water Studies Certificate are the same as the University's graduation application deadlines, so please check the academic calendar. Also, do not forget to schedule a meeting with Tom and/or Nona at the OWOW Center before graduating.