Office of Sponsored Research & Programs
MSU Denver Resources
Administration and Finance is a service-oriented division that supports the overall mission and goals of a diverse and dynamic campus community. The division has the following responsibilities:
- Provides support in the areas of Accounting Services (including Student Accounts and Cashiering), Budget, Facilities Planning, Human Resources, Institutional Research, Retirement Plan Administration, and Internal Audit.
- Develops, evaluates, and supports the human and fiscal resources and the business framework of the University.
- Embraces the institution’s vision for academic excellence and student success by upholding core values of compliance, competence, professionalism, respect, collaboration, confidentiality, and responsiveness.
The Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC) is the official site of the Auraria Campus, which includes information and services that are part of the AHEC organization. AHEC oversees such services as: Auraria Media Center, Campus Event Services, Campus Police, Classroom Services, Facilities Management, and Parking. In addition to MSU Denver, AHEC houses our two sister institutions, Community College of Denver and the University of Colorado Denver.
The Office of Strategy, Marketing and Communications exists to build understanding of, and support for, MSU Denver through communication of the University’s unique role and mission, key planning themes and goals, recognition of faculty achievements and expertise, and promotion of student accomplishments and experiences. Included on this site is Brand Central, which houses the University’s branding, identity, and editorial standards.
The Office of University Advancement coordinates private funding for the University.
The MSU Denver Experts Guide was designed to help journalists find faculty experts to provide perspective on current issues and events. This guide is also beneficial to the principal investigator in obtaining assistance in issues related to grant requirements (e.g. underrepresented populations, literacy, etc.). Many MSU Denver faculty members are leading academic experts and have significant real-world experience in their professional fields that include aviation and aerospace, politics and public policy, criminal justice and criminology, and business.
The Office of Institutional Research (OIR) is the official source for all statistical data regarding students, graduates, course enrollment, faculty workloads, and other University characteristics. This department has the following responsibilities:
- Provides statistical data to state and federal agencies and to internal and external constituents
- Designs, administers, analyzes, and reports the results of student and alumni surveys
- Conducts research on national norms and statistics relevant to the University, including peer group analysis
- Collaborates with other departments to respond to inquiries
- Acts as an institutional information resource for all units of the University
Procurement is a division of the Information Technology department. This site provides the policies and procedures, equipment and configuration, and ordering of equipment information needed for grant projects.
The Educational Technology Center (ETC) develops, supports, and incorporates online systems and learning technologies in collaboration with faculty, staff, students, and the community. The office provides and maintains a suite of technologies and services for the development and presentation of all campus websites and online courses.