Department of Nutrition
POHA-Denver Diversify Nutrition Grant
Seeking to Diversify the Field of Nutrition and Dietetics
POHA-Denver Diversify Nutrition SCHOLARSHIP & STIPEND Program
As part of the POHA-Denver grant, the Department of Nutrition offers students enrolled in a nutrition graduate program at MSU Denver (includes the Dietetic Internship program) the opportunity to apply for an annual $5,000 POHA-Denver Diversify Nutrition scholarship or stipend program.
The current scholarship/stipend cycle is now OPEN. The next application cycle will be open between March 1-April 30, 2020. Dietetic Internship Applicants must wait to apply after confirmation of matching to the DI program.
How to Apply:
1. Complete a current FAFSA application. FAFSA information is required for scholarship/stipend consideration. Any application without FAFSA information will not be reviewed.
2. Complete a general scholarship application. Students must first apply to the general scholarship application to receive access to the POHA-Denver Diversify Nutrition Scholarship application. The general scholarship application is now open and can be completed anytime after your graduate program acceptance.
3. Complete the POHA-Denver Diversify Nutrition scholarship application between March 1-April 30. You will gain access to this scholarship application only after completing the general scholarship application above. As part of the POHA-Denver Diversify Nutrition scholarship application, you must thoroughly and thoughtfully answer the following essay questions:
- Please describe your cultural life experiences and how those have shaped you as a person.
- Please describe how you could contribute to enhancing diversity within the nutrition graduate programs at MSU Denver and within the nutrition and dietetics profession.
- How do you intend to use this scholarship if awarded?
4. In addition to the scholarship opportunity, stipends may also be provided. Stipends are for graduate assistant positions. Graduate assistants work either as a teaching assistant or research assistant, providing support to faculty in either the area of teaching or research. Dietetic Interns are not eligible for stipends. As part of the POHA-Denver Diversify Nutrition stipend application, you must thoroughly and thoughtfully answer the following essay questions:
- Please describe your professional and/or research interests.
- What skills or experience do you have related to teaching or research that will help you excel at this position?
- Please describe what contributions you would make to a graduate assistant position.