Department of Nutrition
Master of Science in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
Where Experiential Learning and Advanced Education Meet
Designed to build leaders and innovative thinkers in the field of nutrition and dietetics, the Master of Science (MS) in Human Nutrition and Dietetics at MSU Denver is the only graduate degree in Nutrition and Dietetics in the Denver Metro area. Blending experiential learning with high quality education in a flexible hybrid format, this student-focused program will strengthen your research skills, expand your knowledge of advanced nutrition topics, bolster your communication skills, and set you up to be a leader in the field of nutrition and dietetics.
Benefits of Earning your Degree at MSU Denver
At MSU Denver, quality education is the focus. Our advanced curriculum provides experiential learning in a flexible format at an affordable price. Our MS in Human Nutrition and Dietetics offers:
- Convenient hybrid classes, allowing you to balance your graduate studies and life.
- 8-week course blocks, providing timely degree progression and completion.
- Experiential and service-learning projects, enhancing knowledge and skills relevant to the field.
- Culturally responsive curriculum, leading to a more well-rounded expertise.
- Small class sizes, providing more interaction and connection with peers and faculty.
- A diverse faculty and student population, encouraging depth of thought in and out of the classroom
- Research practicum experience, focused on addressing issues critical to diverse populations.
In 2024, the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) will change the entry-level education requirements for dietitian registration eligibility from a Bachelor's degree to a Master's degree. In addition, students must obtain a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) verification statement. Please contact a Department of Nutrition advisor to discuss options for obtaining a verification statement.
The priority deadline for Spring 2020 is August 1. Applications for Spring 2020 will be accepted until the final application deadline of December 1.