Skip to main content Skip to main content

Human Nutrition and Dietetics 3+2 Program FAQs

Current matriculating MSU Denver undergraduate students may apply to the 3+2 Program after completing at least 75 credits and during or after the completion of NUT 3150 and NUT 3160.

Once admitted, a student may enroll in undergraduate and graduate courses provided prerequisites have been completed for the respective courses.

If you are a current matriculating MSU Denver undergraduate student, and would like to receive communications about the 3+2 Program prior to applying, please contact us at to let us know you are planning to complete the 3+2 Program.

Yes, we accept students for fall and spring start dates for the Human Nutrition and Dietetics 3+2 Program. Applications deadlines can be found on the website for the current application cycle.

No, we do not require the GRE for the Human Nutrition and Dietetics 3+2 Program.

If you don't have a 3.0 GPA from your undergraduate degree, you can still apply to the Human Nutrition and Dietetics 3+2 Program. You may be able to be "admitted with requirements." Requirements to stay in the program include maintaining a 3.0 GPA your first semester of the graduate portion of the 3+2 program.

Students completing the 3+2 Program are not eligible to complete a dietetic internship until they have completed all coursework in the 3+2 program. The 3+2 program provides students with a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) verification statement, which is required to be eligible for dietetic internships. You will not obtain that DPD statement until after graduation. However, students typically apply for dietetic internships during their last semester of the program, and start their internship soon after graduation if matched.

Students in this program graduate at the end of the completion of both the 3 portion (undergraduate coursework) and the 2 portion (graduate coursework) and earn both their bachelor's and master's degree at the time of graduation. In the 3+2 program, you do not first earn your bachelor's degree but both degrees on your graduation date.

Edit this page