Department of Nutrition
Admission Requirements and Application Process
MSU Denver’s Dietetic Internship program values diversity. Throughout the recruitment and admissions process, we will employ every means to eliminate discrimination on the basis of race, color, disability, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity and expression, age or status, such as Vietnam-era or disabled veteran. In accordance with the university, MSU Denver’s Dietetic Internship complies with all federal laws, executive orders and regulations regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity, as well as all civil rights laws of the state of Colorado.
All prospective interns are welcome to apply to the program. Applicants will be de-identified during the selection process. The selection committee will not have access to information on applicants’ race, ethnicity, age, sexual identity, religion, national origin, or status.
Program acceptance requires the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited university
- minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- minimum 3.0 GPA in Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) coursework
- DPD verification statement
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Applicants will be de-identified during the selection process. The selection committee will not have access to information on applicants’ race, ethnicity, age, sexual identity, religion, national origin, or status. All applications meeting the admission criteria and/or viewed as competitive will be reviewed by the Dietetic Internship director and Applicant Review Committee and ranked according to standardized criteria. Top applicants will be contacted for face-to-face or remote (via video conferencing) interviews. The interviews are an opportunity for applicants to share additional information about their qualifications, demonstrate their critical thinking skills, and learn more about the MSU Denver Dietetic Internship. After thorough discussions of competitive applicants, the Applicant Review Committee will rank candidates for the matching process.
Dietetic Internship Application
To be eligible for admission to the Dietetic Internship, applicants must:
- submit a Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS) application (Part A below),
- register for computer matching through D&D Digital (Part B below),
- submit a $50 processing fee to the MSU Denver Dietetic Internship (Part C below),
- submit a graduate admissions application to MSU Denver (Part D below), and
- be able to pass a background check, drug screen and show proof of required immunizations and liability insurance.
Part A | DICAS Application
The MSU Denver Dietetic Internship participates in the online centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org (email: DICASinfo@DICAS.org). The DICAS application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15th. The fee to use DICAS is $50 for the first application submitted and $25 for each additional application.
Part B | D&D Digital Registration
Applicants must also register online for computer matching at https://www.dnddigital.com/ and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15th. There is a $50 computer matching fee. Instructions can be found at the D&D Digital website.
Part C | MSU Denver Dietetic Internship Processing Fee
In addition to the DICAS and D&D Digital fees, which applicants must submit separately to those organizations, the MSU Denver Dietetic Internship also requires a non-refundable $50 processing fee payable to MSU Denver Dietetic Internship. If matched with the MSU Denver Dietetic Internship, this will be credited towards your graduate application fee. The processing fee can be paid online at https://commerce.cashnet.com/MSUDenverEM_NUTM or via check. If paying by check, please mail your processing fee (postmarked by February 15th and including your DICAS number in the memo line) to:
Department of Nutrition
Attn: Dietetic Internship Director
Campus Box 33N, PO Box 173362
Denver, CO 80217-3362
Part D | MSU Denver Graduate Admissions Application
After matching with the MSU Denver Dietetic Internship, the following items must be submitted to the MSU Denver Office of Admissions. Contact the Dietetic Internship director for specific instructions for the online application process, including the fee waiver and where to send official transcripts.
- Graduate admissions online application - contact the Dietetic Internship director for specific instructions before completing the application
- Official transcripts - Interns must submit official transcripts from each college or university attended (transcripts from MSU Denver are not required). Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the previous colleges/universities in a signed, sealed envelope. Institutions may also send official electronic transcripts.
- Graduate application fee $50 will be waived - you will receive a waiver code