Information Technology Services
Congratulations and Welcome to MSU Denver!
Please take a minute and set up your MSU Denver NetID Account and Password
Information Technology Services provides access to many of the tools you will use during your time at MSU Denver. Most of these accounts are single sign-on, and setting up your password now will simplify getting logged in to register for classes, check your email, and manage your student/staff account.
Step 1: Look up your MSU Denver NetID and Password.
- Go to the initial look-up page.
- Select Option 1 for students, or Option 2 for staff.
- Enter your Student/Staff ID number – or 900 number, as most Roadrunners call it.
- Enter your Birthday (mmddyy).
- Record your NetID, initial password, and email address, located in the first section.
Step 2: Sign in to your MSU Denver email account to set up account recovery options and multi-factor authentication.
- Go to the email login page.
- Enter your MSU Denver email address (obtained in Step 1).
- Enter your initial password in the password field (obtained in Step 1).
- Follow the prompts to set up a phone number or external email account. You will use this to recover your password if you ever forget it.
- Please check the Signing up for Office 365 account recovery section on the Password Reset page for instructions.
- Once your account recovery options are set up, follow the prompts to set up multi-factor authentication.
- Please check the Multi-Factor Authentication page for instructions.
Step 3: Set up a new password.
- Log in to your MSU Denver email account.
- Click the portrait/initials icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select the options 'My account', then 'Manage security & privacy', then 'Password'.
- Follow the prompts given to set a new password (check the Password Reset page to see minimum password security requirements).
- Manage your NetID account.
- View holds and registration requirements.
- Check your email.
Last Update: July 2020
If you have additional questions, concerns, or need immediate assistance - Please contact the MSU Denver Helpdesk.