Department of Modern Languages
Language Honor Societies
The Department of Modern Languages sponsors two honor societies:
- Phi Sigma Iota, the National Foreign Language Honor Society
- Delta Phi Alpha, the National German Honor Society
All students who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply for membership. E-mail is used to contact all students with a minor or major in Modern Languages about this possibility.
The minimum requirements for Phi Sigma Iota are:
- Junior status
- Declared major or minor
- 3.0 grade average in language courses
A one-time fee covers a certificate and materials. Honor cords for Commencement may also be purchased. Download the invitation to join: PSI_invitation_letter.
The minimum requirements for Delta Phi Alpha are:
- be enrolled in last semester of study
- declared major or minor
- 3.5 grade average in German courses, with no grade below a "B"
A one-time fee covers a certificate and materials. Honor cords for Commencement may also be purchased.
Initiation for both honor societies is each Spring Semester at the Annual Awards Ceremony.
Information on other Honor Societies at MSU Denver can be found here.