Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Non-Degree Seeking Option
Take Up to Three Courses through our Streamlined Admission Process
MSU Denver's MBA Program welcomes working professionals to submit an application as a Non-Degree Seeking (NDS) student in order to enroll in up to three MBA courses. The application process is streamlined, and NDS applicants are not required to submit a resume, essay, or GMAT/portfolio to complete their MBA NDS application.
The Non-Degree Seeking MBA Admission Status is a great option for anyone who:
- Plans to start the program in a summer semester
- Missed the application deadline for the upcoming semester
- Wants to see what the MBA experience is about before applying for the full program
- Intends to apply for the full MBA program and wants to strengthen their application by demonstrating success in the MBA classroom
Non-Degree Seeking Admission Requirements
How to Apply
Non-Degree Seeking Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Earned a bachelor’s degree (or higher) and from a regionally accredited college or university with a GPA ≥ 3.0; or
- Earned a bachelor’s degree and approved professional certification or licensure; or
- Admitted to a graduate business program at another regionally accredited college or university.
In order to receive admission to the MSU Denver MBA Program as a Non-Degree Seeking Student, applicants should complete the following steps:
1. Submit a Graduate (Master's-Level) application
- In the Basic Information section of the application, the application will ask What Type of Program are you Interested In? Choose Graduate Non-Degree
2. Send an official transcript confirming successful completion of a bachelor's degree to email@example.com
- If applying with a certification, licensure, or admission to another graduate business program, send your certificate, licensure, or acceptance letter to firstname.lastname@example.org once your application is submitted.
- Graduates from an MSU Denver bachelor's degree program do not need to request transcripts. Admission personnel will update your application to show a complete bachelor's degree with 5-7 days of your application submission.
Do NOT submit a Non-Degree Seeking application and full MBA program application for the same semester.
What NDS Applicants Need to Know
- Students in the NDS Status are not eligible for federal financial aid, but can apply for scholarships and grants.
- Tuition rates remain equivocal for NDS MBA and full MBA students.
- This is not a course-audit option. You will receive a grade for the class, and are expected to complete assignments and attend just as a full MBA program student would.
If you have questions related to the Non-Degree Seeking MBA Option, please contact MBA@MSUDenver.edu