Department of Marketing
The College of Business offers eleven minors in business and economics. Most minors require 18 credit hours plus prerequisites, if any. These minors (with the exception of economics) are designed primarily for non-business majors. A student may not take more than 30 credit hours in the College of Business without declaring a business major. The acceptance of transfer credits will be governed by standards and policies of the College of Business and its departments. Students should choose a minor that will help them in their chosen career.
The Sales Minor will give non-business majors that require a minor an opportunity to add a sales component to their degree program.
Six courses (18 credit hours) are required for a Minor
MKT 3000 Principles of Marketing
MKT 3160 Sales Management
MKT 3250 Personal Selling
MKT 4250 Advanced Selling
MKT **** Approved Elective Courses (2 courses)
Sales Minor Electives
MKT 3100 Retail Marketing
MKT 3300 Marketing of Services
MKT 3550 Sport Sales
MKT 3610 Business-to-Business Marketing.
MKT 3750 Multicultural Marketing (meets College’s multicultural requirement)*
MKT 3810 Electronic Marketing
MKT 3980 Internship in Marketing
MKT 4300 Social Media Marketing (may be added using a Degree Exception form)
MKT 4520 Seminar in Marketing
Some things to be aware of as you complete your minor in Sales:
- Eighteen credits of upper-division Sales/MKT courses are required; twelve credits must be completed at MSU Denver.
- You must have completed ENG 1010, ENG 1020, General Studies requirements in Oral Communication and Quantitative Literacy, and at least junior standing to enroll in MKT 3000 Principles of Marketing.
- An internship is recommended for students with limited sales experience.
- You must have completed at least 12 hours in marketing courses PRIOR to enrolling in MKT 4520 Seminar in Marketing Management.
- The Sales Minor elective courses may be chosen from the courses listed below.
*This elective is accepted as a substitute course.