Social Space Agreements
As a guest, you play a large role in shaping the culture and experience of our office. The LGBTQ Student Resource Center of Auraria was created as an affirming space for LGBTQ+ identities. To allow the continuation of this we ask that you abide by these norms:
- Hold yourself and others accountable for words and actions that impact others. This is a social space as well as a working office. Please keep staff and office guests in mind with your volume, cleanliness, behavior, and topics of conversations
- Get explicit consent and respect boundaries when:
- Engaging in physical contact with others
- In conversation with others on sensitive topics
- Everyone is at different points of understanding. Be open to others' viewpoints and have empathy for others.
- Be kind- treat others how they wish to be treated.
- Your experience matters to us. Student staff are here to support, advise, and facilitate your time in the Center.
What to do if a guest violates these norms
If you feel like a guest in our social space has violated any of the norms previously mentioned, please contact a staff member as soon as possible. Feel free to talk to us directly, or send us an email, if that is more comfortable to:
Kyla Hines at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Steve Willich at email@example.com
Below are some helpful resources:
- Phoenix Center
- MSU Counseling Center:
- CU Denver Counseling Center:
- CCD Counseling Center:
- Health Center:
- Auraria PD:
- 303-556-5000 Admin Building 1201