Skip to main content Skip to main content

Community College and Transfer Students

The Department of Journalism and Media Production welcomes transfer students from any accredited college or university in the country and from community colleges throughout Colorado.

All transfer students should have their transcripts evaluated by the Transfer Services Office in the Student Success Building. Transfer courses with an 8000 number are lower division, while 9000-level courses are considered upper-division. Some COM and JRN courses from Colorado community colleges may have equivalents in the department.  They are listed in this document (PDF of transfer guide). Once the transfer evaluation process has occurred, students should meet with a faculty advisor in either the Journalism or Technical Communication program to determine a specific concentration and whether any other transfer courses may be used in the major. 

For more information regarding transferring courses from a community college, visit the Admissions Office.

Edit this page