Innovative and Lifelong Learning
The ASCENT (Accelerating Students through Concurrent Enrollment) pathway is for high school students who have completed or are on track to complete 12 credit hours of college classes. Students can remain in their school district for one year following 12th grade, attend classes at MSU Denver, and the school district will pay for the tuition up to the community college rate.
- Students must have completed at least 12 credit hours of concurrent/dual classes, the minimum MSU Denver course prerequisites, and meet their high school’s standards.
- Students must be in the 12th grade, and selected by their school district for participation.
- Students may not enroll if they have participated in the ASCENT program in previous years.
- Note –
- Students participating in ASCENT are not eligible for financial aid.
- The school district will hold the student’s high school diplomas until the ASCENT program is completed.
- Complete the MSU Denver Admission Application. To waive the $25 application fee, use code the ‘Concurrent’.
- Complete the ASCENT form, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. This form must be submitted for every semester the student intends to be enrolled.
- Apply for College Opportunity Fund (COF), available at https://cof.college-assist.org/. COF will cover a portion of the tuition. If the student does not complete the application, he or she will be charged the additional amount.
- Register for SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration).
- Purchase required textbooks at the Tivoli Station Bookstore. Students should check with their high school counselor to know if the school district pays for books.
- If the student is responsible for paying a portion of their tuition and/or student fees, the payment should be made through the Student Hub by the end of the semester. If students would like to verify the amount of tuition owed, email email@example.com.
We’re proud to bring college credit classes to many school districts partners across the state, including: 27J Schools, Adams12 Five Star Schools, Adams14 School District, Aurora Public Schools, Boulder Valley School District, Cherry Creek School District No. 5, Colorado Connections Academy, Colorado Early Colleges Aurora, Colorado Early Colleges Ft. Collins, Colorado Early Colleges Parker, Colorado High School Charter, Colorado Prepatroy Academy, Colorado Springs School District 11, Denver Public Schools, Douglas County School District, Englewood Schools, Estes Park School District R-3, GOAL Academy, Greeley-Evans School District, JeffCo Public Schools, Jefferson Academy Secondary School, Littleton Public Schools, Mesa County Valley School District, Pinnacle Charter School, Roaring Fork Schools, St. Vrain Valley School District, Summit School District, Thompson School District, Two Roads Charter School, Weld RE-4 School District, Westminster Public Schools, and Woodland Park School District.
If you have any questions, please contact our Concurrent/Dual Enrollment team by calling 303-721-1313 or emailing Concurrent@msudenver.edu.
September 27, 2019 - Smoky Hill High School offers college-level Chicana and Chicano Studies Course
September 24, 2019 - A ProStart to a Culinary Career