Department of Human Performance and Sport
Exercise Science Internship
The internship is the capstone of the Exercise Science degree program.
The internship opportunity exists to:
Assist students in making a successful transition from the classroom to the professional work environment
Validate the student’s academic knowledge
Help the student develop a professional career orientation
Steps to secure an Internship in Exercise Science (EXS 4880)
- Submit a "request" (Link from Teams) to be added to the Microsoft Teams Excercise Science Pre-Internship group
- Review the entire Exercise Science Internship Manual and watch a recorded "ES Pre-Internship Meeting" on the Teams page.
- Determine if you are eligible.
- Are you a declared major in Excercise Science of Human Performance and Sport with a concentration in Adult Fitness & Excercise Science (previous title)?
- Do you have a senior standing and have 100% of the Excercise Science course requirements completed?
- Do you have a major grape point average of at least 2.75?
- Do you hold a current CPR or First Responder certification? If you answer yes, to these criteria move on to #4!
- Confirm your eligibility by meeting with an Excercise Science faculty member
- Secure an internship with an eligible agency (EXS internship excel file)
- Complete the online Excercise Science Internship Application (Internship application ) prior to the posted application deadlines
- Please see your instructor for the password to access the application