June 8 - July 11 2021
Deadline to Submit Your Deposit: Friday, November 20th 2020
SPA 390X: Place, Space, and the Creation of Identity: Understanding Self and Europe through the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage.
This 6-credit, multi-disciplinary course taught in English will explore the history, art, architecture, food, and culture around the Camino de Santiago, the most foundational pilgrimage experience in Europe. Participants will orient in Madrid and then spend three weeks in class in the historic city of Granada, Spain followed by two weeks walking the pilgrimage route.
* Open to ALL majors--no prior Spanish language necessary!
Cost: approximately $5,800 plus airfare and includes: ·
- Onsite Orientation.
- Housing and meals—stay with a Spanish family!
- 6 MSU Denver Credits - credits can apply to multiple majors/minors or electives. 3 Language Institute (Granada) credits—includes classes in Spanish for Business, Medical, and Tourism!
- Excursions, field trips, and cultural events.
- Insurance and 24/7 onsite support.
YOU CAN USE FINANCIAL AID TO PAY FOR THIS PROGRAM!
For more information contact Dr. Lunden MacDonald, Professor of Spanish, Modern Languages Department: email@example.com (email)