Department of Health Professions
Collaboration Between Community College of Denver and MSU Denver
Students who anticipate receiving an Associate’s degree from Community College of Denver’s Medical Administrative Assistant Program can transfer to the Health Care Management Program at MSU Denver according to the following guidelines.
Click HERE for the MSU Denver Transfer Guide, outlining the courses and requirements needed to transfer from the Community College of Denver to Metropolitan State University or Denver's Health Care Management Program.
REQUIRED COURSES for GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS (15 CREDIT HOURS)
|Course Concepts||Credit Hour(s)||CCD Course #||CCD Course Title||MSU Denver Course #||MSU Denver Course Title|
English Microeconomics I
English Microeconomics II
Freshman Microeconomics: Analysis, Research, & Documentation
|Oral Communication||3||COM 115 or COM 125||Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication||SPE 1010 or SPE 1710||Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication|
|Quantitative Literacy||3||MAT 135||Introduction to Statistics||MTH 1210||Introduction to Statistics|
|Arts & Humanities||?||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver|
|?||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver|
|Natural & Physical Sciences||?||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences I||?||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences II||3||ECO 202||Principles of Microeconomics||ECO 2020||Principles of Microeconomics|
|Global Diversity||?||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver||Take at MSU Denver|
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED COURSES (45 CREDIT HOURS)
|Credit Hour(s)||CCD Course #||CCD Course Title||MSU Denver Course #||MSU Denver Course Title|
|4||ACC 121||Principles of Account. I||ACC 2010||Principles of Accounting|
|3||BUS 115||Intro. to Business||MGT 1850||Intro. to Business|
|3||CIS 118||Intro. to PC Applications||CIS 1010||Intro. to Computers|
|3||CIS 155||PC Spreadsheet Concepts: Excel||CSS 8000||PC Spreadsheet Concepts: Excel|
|3||CIS 218||Advanced PC Applications||CIA 8000||Advanced PC Applications|
|3||HPR 178||Medical Terminology||ITP 1700||Medical Terminology|
|3||MAR 216||Principles of Marketing||MKT 8900||Principles of Marketing|
Microeconomics. Keyboarding I
Microeconomics. Keyboarding II
Elect. Office Procedures.
Bus. Math and Calculus.
Admin. Office Get.
Internship or MofTech
|Block of 23 credits for minor||
All courses come in a
block of 23 credits to
satisfy minor requirements.
PRESCRIBED CURRICULUM GUIDE/ COURSE PATH
Included in the 60 credits earned at CCD, a block of 23-credits of BTW and MOT courses will satisfy the minor requirement for the HCM major at MSU Denver. Students who do not complete the requirements of this agreement will not receive this block credit as a minor for any other program at MSU Denver.
CCD YEARS 1 & 2
|Fall - CCD||Semester 1||13 credits|
|BTE 156||Business Mathematics and Calculators||4|
|ENG 121||English (ENG 1010)||3|
|CIS 118||Into to PC Applications||3|
|BTE 100||Computer Keyboarding (non-transferable)|
|BTE 120||Electronic Office Procedures||3|
|Spring - CCD||Semester 2||16 credits|
|BTE 102||Computer Keyboarding I||2|
|BTE 103||Computer Keyboarding II||3|
|BTE 225||Administrative Office Management||3|
|MOT 209||ICD-9 Coding||2|
|MAT 135||Intro. to Stats (MTH 1210)||3|
|HPR 178||Medical Terminology (ITP 1700)||3|
|Fall - CCD||Semester 3||16 credits|
|ACC 121||Principles of Accounting I (ACC 2010)||4|
|COM 115 or COM 125||Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication (SPE 1010 or SPE 1710)||3|
|BTE 125||Records Management||3|
|BUS 115||Introduction to Business||3|
|CIS 155||PC Spreadsheet Concepts||3|
|Spring - CCD||Semester 4||15 credits|
|ECO 202||Principles of Microeconomics (ECO 2020)||3|
|MAR 216||Principles of Marketing (MKT 8900)||3|
|BTE 257 or 287||Internship or Managing Office Technology||3|
|CIS 218||Advanced PC Applications||3|
|ENG 122||English (ENG 1020)||3|
|TOTAL CCD CREDIT HOURS||60|
MSU DENVER YEARS 3 & 4
|Fall - MSU Denver||Semester 1||15 credits|
|HCM 3010||Health Care Organization||3|
|HCM 3020||Management Principles||3|
|Arts & Hum||Elective||3|
|Nat & PhysSci||Elective (Suggestions: BIO, NUT)||3|
|HCM 3700||Health Disparities (Meets Multicultural Requirement)||3|
|Spring - MSU Denver||Semester 2||15 credits|
|Soc & BehSci1||Elective||3|
|Arts & Hum||Elective (Suggestion: Business Ethics PHI 3360 - Need UD)||3|
|Nat & PhysSci||Elective||3|
|HCM 2500||HCM Professionalism||3|
|HIS/Global||Meets HIS and Global Diversity Requirement (Need UD)||3|
|Fall - MSU Denver||Semester 3||15 credits|
|HCM 3030||Health Care Jurisprudence||3|
|HCM 3400||Human Resource Management in Health Care||3|
|HCM 4040||Health Economics||3|
|HCM 3500||Health Care Research Methods||3|
|HCM 3600||Health Information Systems||3|
|Spring - MSU Denver||Semester 4||15 credits|
|HCM 4030||Financial Management in Health Care||3|
|HCM 4300||Strategic Management in Health Care||3|
|HCM||HCM Elective (Need UD)||3|
|TOTAL MSU DENVER CREDIT HOURS||
TOTAL CCD & MSU DENVER CREDIT HOURS
In accordance with the Colorado Commission of Higher Education principles that Colorado public institutions facilitate the transfer of students among them, MSU Denver and Community College of Denver (CCD) enter into this agreement to meet transfer policy goals and enhance mutual cooperation. This agreement applies to students transferring with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Medical Administrative Assistant from CCD and completing a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Care Management (HCM) at MSU Denver. Additional terms include:
- Completion of the curriculum prescribed within this agreement does not guarantee admission to MSU Denver.
- Students must meet all admission requirements at MSU Denver, including the submission of all required documentation required by state deadlines.
- Only courses with grades of C or higher are guaranteed to transfer as part of this agreement into the HCM program. Grades lower than C will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis for general credit.
- Students are not guaranteed completion of general studies requirements upon transfer to MSU Denver with this agreement.
- Included in the 60 credits earned at CCD, a block of 23-credits of BTW and MOT courses will satisfy the minor requirement for the HCM major at MSU Denver. Students who do not complete this requirements of this agreement will not receive this block credit as a minor for any other program at MSU Denver.
- MSU Denver will apply credits earned at a Colorado Community College as lower-division credit only. Coursework from A Colorado Community College may substitute for an upper-division Colorado as determined by the academic program receiving the course, but the credits will apply only as lower division.
- The credit and course transfer guarantees describes in this agreement apply to the specific degree program covered by this agreement. MSU Denver will evaluate application of the courses designated in this agreement to other degree programs on a course-by-course basis.
- The transfer credit is guaranteed only under the conditions that the transferring institution maintains accreditation by a regional accrediting body, unless otherwise specifically noted in this agreement.