Body Piercing / Tattoos
Things to know before piercing/tattooing:
- Piercing guns and tattoo needles can’t be fully sterilized so make sure the needle is new.
- Piercing guns and tattoo needles can put you at risk of contracting Hepatits B or HIV/AIDS.
- Piercings in the upper ear need to be taken care of 2-3 times a day for 2-3 months before full healing occurs.
- Tongue piercings need to be cleaned 12 times a day for 6-8 weeks.
- Naval piercings need to be cleaned twice a day for at least 9 months, and then daily in the shower for the life of the piercing.
- Tattoos need to be cleaned and cared for at least twice per day for at least a month after tattoo.
- SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY AT THE FIRST SIGN OF INFECTION including any oozing, fever, prolonged swelling, heat or warmth to the touch of the area