The Health Careers Opportunity Program includes scholarship, professional development and mentorship for MSU Denver students interested in entering health and behavioral health fields.
Benefits of the program include:
- extensive Life Design Advising
- mentoring with a healthcare professional
- a university course that focuses on career planning, financial wellness, social capital and health equity
- creating community with other future healthcare professionals
- scholarships and stipend awards of up to $5000
Eligibility requirements for the program include:
- Current undergraduate MSU Denver students with a 2.5 GPA and a declared major in one of the following:
- Nutrition, Psychological Sciences, Social Work, Human Performance and Sport, Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Health Professions, Human Services and Counseling, and Speech, Language, Hearing Sciences
- The following student groups are eligible to apply: Transfer students with at least 60 credits, Pell-eligible students, first generation students, underrepresented minorities (including immigrants and refugees who are permanent U.S. residents), non-traditional students (age 25 and older) and veterans.