Health Careers Opportunity Program Scholarship
We are no longer accepting applications for our 2020-2021 cohort. Please be sure to check back in spring 2021 for more information about upcoming opportunities!
The Health Careers Opportunity Program includes scholarship, professional development and mentorship for MSU Denver students interested in entering health and behavioral health fields.
Benefits of the program include:
- extensive Life Design Advising
- mentoring with a healthcare professional
- a university course that focuses on career planning, financial wellness, social capital and health equity
- creating community with other future healthcare professionals
- scholarships and stipend awards of up to $5000
Eligibility requirements for the program include:
- Current undergraduate MSU Denver students with a 2.5 GPA and a declared major in one of the following:
- Nutrition, Psychological Sciences, Social Work, Human Performance and Sport, Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Health Professions, Human Services and Counseling, and Speech, Language, Hearing Sciences
- The following student groups are eligible to apply: Transfer students with at least 60 credits, Pell-eligible students, first generation students, underrepresented minorities (including immigrants and refugees who are permanent U.S. residents), non-traditional students (age 25 and older) and veterans.
Questions? Please fill out the following Contact Us form for inquiries in regards to the Health Careers Opportunity Program. Options for one-on-one phone, Teams, and Zoom appointments are available.