The Gender Institute for Teaching and Advocacy - GWS Department
Gender Studies Minor
The Gender Studies minor offers courses on gender and women's studies. This minor prepares students to examine historical and contemporary social justice issues using gender as a category of analysis, while embracing an intersectional, transnational, and feminist perspective. It is important for students who hope to work with issues relating to gender, and particularly women.
Gender Studies Minor Requirements
Students must complete each course in the minor with a minimum grade of C-. Students should note that programs differ in the minimum grade required.
Part I: Core Required Courses (15 credits)
- GWS 1001 - Introduction to Gender, Women, and Sexualities Studies
- GWS 2100 - Women of Color
- GWS 2200 - Feminist and Queer Research Methods
- GWS 3510 - Feminist Theories and Practices (aka Feminist Theories and Practices I)
- GWS 4750 - Feminist Research and Activism (aka Feminist Theories and Practices II)
Part II: Additional Courses (9 credits)
A minimum of 9 additional credit hours in Gender, Women, and Sexualities courses is required.
Credit Hours Summary
|Required Courses||15 credit hours|
|Electives||9 credit hours|
|Minor Credit Requirements Total||24 credit hours|