First Generation Initiatives
Fontana Transport Inc. Scholars Program
- Award Amount: $5,000
- Website: http://www.fontanatransportincscholarsprogram.com/
- The scholarship is open to all even non US resident but must maintain a GPA of 3.5
- Comply proof of attendance from the college you are enrolled
- Provide recommendation letter from the faculty staff or professor
CESDA Diversity Scholarship
- Award Amount: $1,000
- Website: https://www.cesda.org/scholarships
- Must be a spring 2019 Colorado high school graduating senior, and meet one of the following requirements: identify as a student of color, be the first generation (neither parent/guardian received a bachelor’s degree) to attend college, and/or be a student with financial need.
- Must be a graduate of a Colorado High School. (Open to all Colorado residents regardless of legal residency or citizenship).
- Must enroll at a 2 or 4 year Colorado college or university and take a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Must have a minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 2.80 (non-weighted) or higher.
- Applicant will be selected by, but not limited to, the following criteria: academic performance, awards and accomplishments, community and school involvement, community service (particularly within underrepresented communities), and financial need.
Colorado Women's Education Foundation Scholarship
- Award Amount: $300 to $1,000 annually
- Website: https://cwef.org/scholarships/
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need, scholastic ability, leadership skills, and career goals. Notifications will be sent following the board of trustees' meeting, which typically takes place four to six weeks following the application deadline.
LAEF General Scholarship
- Award Amount: $1,000 to $2,000 annually
- Although the award is not automatically renewable, previous winners are eligible to re-apply.
- Website: http://www.laef.org/Scholarship
- Applicant must be a Colorado resident with a minimum 3.0 GPA who is either Hispanic or active in the Hispanic community.
- Recipient will be required to fulfill 10 hours of community service during year of funding at their college/university.
LEAD Foundation Dottie R. Walker Scholarship
- $1,000 annually
- The ideal candidate for this scholarship is a student who has faced the challenges of having a learning disability and understands the importance of self-advocacy and self-knowledge in overcoming those challenges; and is willing to serve as a role model for other students with learning disabilities.