How to Accept Federal Direct Loans Using Student Hub
ACCEPT YOUR FEDERAL DIRECT LOANS
- Logon to Student Hub.
- Select the "Financial Aid & Scholarships" tab.
- Select "My Award Information".
- Select "Award By Aid Year (Accept Award Offers)".
- Select aid year.
- Select "Terms and Conditions" tab. If incomplete, read and accept before continuing.
- Click on "Accept Full Amount All Awards" to accept the full loan amount. Please note: For both of these options, the dollar amount accepted is for two semesters
On the line marked "Federal Subsidized Loan Offered" or "Federal Unsubsidized Loan Offered", select "Accept". Then enter the total dollar amount (cannot exceed offered amount) that you would like to accept. Click on "Submit Decision"
COMPLETE ENTRANCE COUNSELING
Before receiving a Federal Direct Loan, borrowers are required to complete a student loan entrance counseling interview. This quick and easy interactive counseling session provides useful tips and tools to help you develop a budget for managing your educational expenses. It also helps you understand your loan responsibilities when you enter repayment.
SIGN A MASTER PROMISSORY NOTE
The Master Promissory Note (MPN) is required to be completed by each borrower. The MPN is a legal contract that binds you to the federal government. Signing this document indicates that you promise to repay the student loan you are taking out. The master promissory note also includes important language about rights and responsibilities as a borrower. Both subsidized and unsubsidized Direct Loans are covered under the master promissory note.