Skip to main content Skip to main content

Applying for Financial Aid as an Undergraduate Student



Who is Eligible to Receive Financial Aid?

  • U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens;

  • Students enrolled in a degree or licensure program at Metropolitan State University of Denver

  • Students who meet the Office of Financial Aid’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP) requirements

  • Students who are not in default on a student loan or owe a refund to the Title IV financial aid program

  • Selective Service registration is a requirement if you wish to receive financial aid. If you are a male between the ages of 18-25, you must be registered with Selective Service or if you’re over 25 have already registered between 18 and 25. You may visit their website for more information about registering ( If you are over the age of 25 you may check your registration records at the same website listed above. For more information about who is required to register please visit: Our office may ask you to provide proof of registration with our Selective Service form before financial aid can be awarded. If you are not registered with Selective Service you will need to appeal to our office by completing our Selective Service form and attaching a detailed explanation of why you did not register. 

Providing Citizenship/Eligible Non-Citizenship documentation to our office

If you are requested to provide proof of citizenship or eligible non-citizen documentation to receive financial aid at MSU you MUST bring the ORIGINAL documentation into our office so that we can make a colored copy of your ORIGINAL documentation. We do NOT accept black and white copies, or copies made by any other person besides an employee of the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. If you are an out-of-state student and cannot provide the requested ORIGINAL documentation, then we will accept a NOTARIZED COLORED copy of your documentation. Please do not ever fax or email this documentation. If you are out-of-state, the required method of submitting your notarized colored documentation is through the mail.

Edit this page