There are hundreds of external scholarships provided by organizations that are not specifically affiliated with MSU Denver such as charitable foundations, labor unions, memorial scholarships, your local high school, state and federal government and many others. Below is a list of just some of the external scholarships available.
- The descriptions of the scholarship criteria include the pertinent information so that you will be able to decide whether you are eligible prior to contacting the organization.
- While keeping your grades up is important, not all scholarships put grades first, make sure to read through all the scholarships to determine your own eligibility. Don’t limit your opportunities, if you meet the eligibility requirements- apply!
- Tips for success
- The deadline months appear in the parenthesis after the name of the scholarship. Deadlines may differ from year to year as do some of the criteria. It is important that you check with the organization directly through the link to find out if there are any changes.
- Beware of scams - use your best judgement when applying for scholarships. MSU Denver does not endorse any of the listed external scholarships
- Begin your search early and check back often. Scholarship deadlines are typically November-April for the upcoming year.
A list of external scholarships is provided below: